Saturday 5 November 2011

Super Sweet Homemade Pumpkin Soup


For those of you who have leftover pumpkins after the excitement of Halloween, why not make some delicious homemade pumpkin soup? It's one of those foods, like carrot cake, that doesn't sound particularly appetising, but tastes quite divine!

Many years ago, I was lucky enough to work in a fantastic bakery/restaurant called The Bunnery in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. It was during those months that I had my first taste of the most glorious soup I had ever eaten - pumpkin soup. It was so sweet and utterly delicious, I managed to devour bowlfuls of it but the recipe was never divulged to me! I have therefore been searching for something similar and have managed to find a rather simple but sweet and creamy pumpkin soup recipe. I admit, it is not as heavenly as The Bunnery's recipe, but pretty scrumptious just the same. It has also been tried, tested and happily approved by my two chidren, who thought it was 'really yummy'!

This recipe is super easy which doesn't require you to spend a huge amount of time in the kitchen. Even though the recipe estimates 45 minutes for the preparation and cooking time, if the inside of your pumpkin has already been scooped out and refrigerated, the ingredients can just be thrown together, making it exceptionally easy. I did overdo it a bit with the cream, just couldn't resist! Click on the link to try it - www.grouprecipes.com.


Dont' forget to SAVE THE SEEDS. The seeds can be used to plant pumpkins next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment